ConKerr Cancer Project
The Suffern Junior Woman's Club is please to partner with ConKerr Cancer to make pillowcases for cancer patients. We are planning a group sewing-bee; however, members are encouraged to follow the instructions listed below and strat sewing today!
ConKerr Cancer: A case for smiles
Local rep: Randi Hopman, Metro NY/NJ Coordinator:
Phone: 201:568-0416 (h)
You Can Help
ConKerr Cancer is making a difference for children. Please join us in our quest for smiles! Here’s how you can help:
--Make a cheerful pillowcase
--Donate fabric or other sewing materials
--Donate funds to help us purchase supplies and expand the effort! Donate through our website or mail to:
295 East Swedesford Road #396
Wayne, PA 19087
All donations will be applied to the ConKerr Cancer Chapter you designate.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING A STANDARD-SIZE PILLOWCASE
Supplies: ¾ yard fabric fot he body
1/3 yard fabric for the border
1. Cut body of the case 26 ½” X 40 ½ “
2. Cut border 10 ½ “ x 40 ½”
3. Fold border in half lengthwise with the wrong sides together and iron.
4. Place the right side of the border on the right side of the body.
5. Stitch these together using a ½” seam allowance
6. Place right sides together and stitch down sides and across bottom
7. Turn right-side-out and iron
8. Wash the pillowcase thoroughly (to sanitize for hospital use)
9. Place each pillowcase in an individual quart-sized ziplock bag
10. Contact you local coordinator to find a drop-off locaton.